Mission, Ethics & Values, Priorities
Warning: Use of undefined constant simple_breadcrumb - assumed 'simple_breadcrumb' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ssgroups/ssgmain.org/wp-content/themes/ssg/page-about.php on line 12
SSG Mission Statement
Special Service for Groups (SSG) is a non-profit organization dedicated to provide community-based solutions to the social and economic issues facing those in greatest need. SSG has evolved into a model organization designed to provide services for diverse groups with maximum efficiency and impact. This is achieved by developing and managing programs which serve our many communities by encouraging their involvement and self-sufficiency. SSG believes that the needs of groups and individuals cross traditional ethnic, racial and other cultural boundaries. SSG serves as a bridge between people with common needs to identify ways to pool resources for the greater good of all.
The Significance of the SSG Logo
SSG’s logo was designed by a committee of board and staff in the early 1990’s to capture the unique structure of bringing together a variety of diverse programs in an organized yet dynamic network. In the logo, the spheres above the letters of ‘SSG’ symbolize the projects, programs and divisions of SSG. Each shines independently and brilliantly – while at the same time, they connect to make a cohesive whole.
In 2011, the logo was updated but still communicates the same important concept.
Ethics & Values
SSG proudly upholds the highest standards of service quality and professional integrity.
All SSG personnel, volunteers, and Board members agree to:
- Maintain total commitment to provide the highest quality of service to all who seek our assistance
- Demonstrate a dedication to the best interests of all persons served and to helping them help themselves
- Do not discriminate in employment or service delivery on the basis of age, gender, race or ethnicity, disability, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, or marital status, or any other protected class
- Promote a totally harassment-free environment
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of all persons served and colleagues
- Respect the rights and views of all others
- Treat all colleagues and persons served with fairness, courtesy, consideration and good faith
- Act in accordance with all standards of professional integrity
SSG is proud to be on the cutting edge when it comes to the delivery of human and social services. We do this by staying tuned in to developments in the field and to opportunities that lie ahead. Guided by our vision, mission and agency leadership, we have developed a set of strategic priorities that will ensure that we continue to grow and respond to the needs of our stakeholders. This plan serves as our strategic guide, making sure we remain focused on our goals and committed to our mission.
Read SSG’s Strategic Priorities